We have teaching aids and ‘Activity Guides’ to create impactful pre, during and post field trip experiences.
LSFM strives to be more than just a fieldtrip destination, but to be your classroom away from school that gives the opportunity for a richer, more purpose driven visit where students can actually experience what they are learning.
Our Resources and Guides:
- Assist teachers with pre-visit activities to prepare students to take full advantage of their day at LSFM,
- Generate deeper understanding by incorporating post-visit activities into your classroom curriculum.
- Create a “working fieldtrip” while using the Activity Guides at LSFM – Each Activity Guide can be downloaded and customized to fit the need of your students.
- Activity Guides for Science, Math, Social Studies, and Language Arts by grade level allow teachers to choose the focus of their museum visit.
- Several of our field trip Activity Guides have been adjusted to be used as distance learning lessons during the Coronavirus outbreak.
Activity Guides are in PDF format.
Teachers are encouraged to print and copy selected pages for use during the fieldtrip.
These activities can be completed using the LSFM web page.