Bring your group to spend the night under the wings of history!
We are accepting reservations for single group overnights with a maximum number of participants of 80 and a minimum of 20. With two hangars and lots of space, social distancing is easy. Activities are held in small groups in a rotating schedule.
Learn about the collection of vintage and historic warbirds, conduct a preflight inspection of a real plane, test your pilot skills in our flight simulators, and experience STEM-based concepts. Scouts BSA can complete the Aviation Merit Badge with additional activities. Cubs and Webelos will have lots of aviation fun and Girl Scout can work on badge activities like the Fling Flyer. Overnights can be customized for any type of group. And everyone sets up camp and has a night at the museum!
Please see below for program details.
Questions: Email Scouts@lonestarflight.org
- Youth and siblings: $55 each
- Adults: $45 each
- Chaperone Requirements: Ages 5-11 require 1 adult per 3 children, ages 11-17 require 1 adult per 5 children.
- Parents/Troop leaders must be aware of and follow BSA and GSA chaperone requirements such as Youth Protection rules and medical release forms.
- Currently, only single group registrations are being accepted. To reserve a date, complete the form below and we will contact you.
- A photo/liability release form is required. If a leader is registering an entire group, please distribute the form.
- You may opt out of the photo release, but the liability release is mandatory.
At this time, no individual registration dates are available. After all COVID precautions are lifted, we will resume the individual sign up for Overnights.
Individual Registration Overnights allow small groups to participate without the required minimums.
Evening Schedule – Boy Scout Aviation Merit Badge
Start / Check-in
6:30 pm – 7:00 pm
7:00 pm – 7:15 pm
7:15 pm – 8:00 pm
Preflight Inspection and Flight Simulator
8:00 pm – 10:30 pm
Fundimentals of Flight Class, Completion of requirements in exhibits, building gliders
Debrief – Set up Camp
Evening Schedule – Cubs, Webelos, Girl Scouts, other youth groups
Start / Check-in
6:30 pm – 6:45 pm
6:45 pm – 7:15 pm
7:15 pm – 9:30 pm
9:30 pm – 10:00 pm
Set up Camp
*Overnight activities include scavenger hunts through historic planes, hands-on in the Flight Academy, preflight aircraft inspection, flight simulators, and Stomp Jet plane launcher craft. All activities are led by museum staff and volunteers.
- Siblings are welcome at scout overnights, minimum age is 5 years.
- Groups arrive at 6:00 pm and depart by 8:00 am the following morning.
- Next day museum admission is not included.
- Gift Shop will be open by request.
- Scouts BSA activities will complete the requirements for the Aviation Merit Badge.
- Parents and chaperones are responsible for the safety and behavior of the children and should follow the rules set by BSA and GSA for field trips. No running is allowed in the museum.
- Cheese pizza and drinks for dinner and a light breakfast will be provided by the museum.
- Electrical outlets are available for medical devices.
- There is plenty of parking in front of the museum.
- It is recommended that overnights include groups that have previously worked/interacted closely with one another.
What to Bring:
- Submit the LSFM Photo/Liability Release signed by all adult participants and guardians of all child participants at check-in.
- Individuals with food allergies may bring their own dinner and breakfast.
- Wear a T-shirt and comfortable shorts that can be slept in as restrooms and changing facilities are limited. Scouts should not wear dress uniform.
- Bring minimal toiletries.
- Overnights occur in the hangars, which have concrete floors, air mattresses and sleeping bags are recommended.
- Cots with wooden or plastic feet are allowed, no exceptions.
Do Not Bring:
- Please be considerate and do not bring items that would disturb others (i.e. large items, noisy items, etc.).
- Extra items or valuables. We cannot secure any items of value, please leave them at home.
Complete the form below for any comments or questions and to begin the registration process.