The LSFM Scout Programs offers merit badges for Scouts BSA and overnight trips and events inside our museum hangars. Click below for more information about each program.
SPRING BREAK CAMP IS READY FOR TAKE-OFF!
PILOT TRAINING AND MORE ARE ON THE FLIGHT PLAN.
REGISTRATION NOW OPEN!
$195 PER CAMPER WITH UP TO $30 OFF FOR MUSEUM MEMBERS. REGISTER TODAY!
10-13 years old
The T-6 Texan was called the “Pilot Maker” because it was the last training plane young pilots flew before taking on the WWII Warbird fighters and bombers.
IN THIS SPRING BREAK CAMP, YOU’LL LEARN:
- The sciences a pilot needs to know to fly.
- How physics is used to control the aircraft, and the mechanics inside the planes.
- Basic flying skills on the Redbird flight simulator
- Test your aviator skills in simulated dogfights against your camp mates.
Aviation Exploring at the Lone Star Flight Museum
The Lone Star Flight Museum hosts Aviation Explorer Post 147 to give local young men and women an opportunity to:
- Learn about different career opportunities including piloting, mechanics, engineering and technology, military, and airport functions.
- Attend monthly meetings that include visits to places like NASA, Ellington Airport military branches, aviation maintenance.
- Opportunity to fly in a light aircraft.
The goal of Exploring is to teach important life and career skills to young people from all backgrounds through immersive career experiences and mentorship.
Aviation Exploring is part of Boy Scouts of America’s Learning for Life program, providing young men and women with opportunities to discover career and lifestyle possibilities that aviation offers. Through a wide range of activities, including tours, guest speakers and hands-on experiences, young adults between the ages of 14 – 18 learn important life and career skills. Young men and women from all backgrounds will get immersive career experiences and mentorship.
Interested in Joining?
Dues: Membership dues are $25 to LSFM and $66 to BSA for a year membership. BSA dues are prorated through the year. Post 147 polo shirts are available in the LSFM Gift Shop for $25. Other fees may be required for entrance fees, transportation and meals on field trips.
For more information, contact: James Talmage, VP of Educationat email@example.com
Youth that are interested in Aviation Exploring are welcome to visit a meeting.
Call 346-708-2517 for more information or email firstname.lastname@example.org