We are currently looking for Ambassadors!
Your future is taking flight as a Lone Star Ambassador.
Become a part of the LSFM youth volunteer program! Overseen by the Education team, Ambassadors assist in museum educational programs and activities. They are a valuable part of the LSFM team and can volunteer to assist in running the Aviation Learning Center Flight Simulators and Mooney Hangar, use a Teaching Cart for demonstrations in the hangars, lead activities for children, help with special events, assist in classes, camps, and more.
Lone Star Ambassadors benefits include:
- Free admission and special events.
- Have fun helping educational programs in Houston’s newest museum.
- Learn new job skills with hands-on training.
- Earn required volunteer hours for your other organizations.
- Learn about aviation careers and opportunities, and meet interesting people in the field.
- Improve networking and socializing skills with public and peers.
- Increase potential job prospects.
To be an Ambassador:
- Be ages 13 – 17.
- Be ready to receive training from other youth Ambassadors.
- Get out of your comfort zone to try something new.
- Treat the position like a job and take on responsibilities.
- Have a desire to learn about aviation, but no aviation knowledge or experience is necessary.
Thank you for your interest in becoming an Ambassador at the Lone Star Flight Museum!
To get started, please fill out the information below. Someone will contact you to help you find your place as an Ambassador at the Lone Star Flight Museum. Please note, parents will also receive any communications sent to youth volunteers.